Fitzgerald Glider Kits announced this week that they will be adding the Peterbilt 579 to their Glider Kit lineup. The Peterbilt 579 combines aerodynamic innovation with durability that delivers confidence and efficiency for the most cost-conscious companies.
Designed for the best aerodynamic performance, Peterbilt used Aero Packages that provide the right balance of fairings, skirts and closeouts to exceed application-specific aerodynamic requirements. Available in a day cab, or with sleeper configuration, that adds versatility and longevity of a second life for highest resale value.
• Lightweight all-aluminum cab to eliminate rust and extend service life
• Wider cab provides 8 inches more room between seats and another 2.9 inches in depth
• A 45% increase in glass provides for the best-in-class visibility
• New dash and sleeper designed to deliver a premium, ergonomic environment
• Available in sleeper (66″) or day cab configurations
Peterbilt designed the new 579 cab around the driver. They’ve created an environment that drivers want to be in and the result is a spacious and ergonomic cab interior designed to put everything in reach. A new driver display package features large, easy-to-read, operation-critical gauges. The multi-function steering wheel features convenient access to cruise control and audio controls. Switches are backlit for enhanced nighttime visibility. Peterbilt’s SmartNav system, an integrated telematics and infotainment system, provides real-time truck monitoring, truck-specific navigation, hands-free Bluetooth connectivity and satellite radio.
The 579 is a perfect truck for bottom line conscious Owner Ops and Fleets that wants to get the best out of their truck on the highway.